Importance of Cultural Fit
Before making the committment to hire a new member to your company, it is absolutely critical to ensure that the match is a good one. My expertise and unbiased perspective will enable you and your company to avoid the pitfalls of a cultural or personal mismatch. Together, we can be sure that clear expectations are set so that a new placement yields the success that you are seeking.
Basic Elements to Consider in a Candidate:
Making a good cultural match is not a selection process that can be defined by resumes, job descriptions, roles and responsibilities matrices, or organization charts. Rather, to ensure an effective placement, a hiring leader must identify the type of candidate being sought on the basis of personal values, professional goals, and business ethics. When these basic elements match between a client and a candidate, the chance for a successful match is robust.
About Your Company's Culture:
The most productive way to approach this search process is to be honest and forthright about your company's environment. When hiring executive leaders and top notch technical professionals, expect that quality candidates are also seeking a good match. Successful placement is a two-way street!
For Your Consideration:
Being prepared to discuss the difficult issues and to address the hard questions will encourage interest in top notch candidates:
- Know the company's mission and values, and be able to address relevant questions.
- If your department has a unique reputation, understand how and why.
- Be able to discuss best practices which make your company successful.
- Be prepared to address ethical questions if your company has been a hot news topic.
- If asked about the working style of your team, be prepared to present examples.